By Kristen Brown Photos by R. Caligaris
Alittle history goes a long way, and the historic home of Lisa andJeremy Jeffery on Hilton Avenue is no exception. The home was completed in 1938 by civic and industrial leader, Charlie Frank Williams for his wife, Ethel, and their four daughters. Mr. Williams hired premiere local architect, James J.W. Biggers, Sr., to design a home that embodied the Southern architectural traditions of Columbus.
The property has since served as the home of four families – Mr. and Mrs. Robert M. Lewis, Jr., Mr. and Mrs. James W. Woodruff, Jr., Dr. and Mrs. Jose C. Serrato, Jr., and, most recently, Mr. and Mrs. W. Jeremy Jeffery, who hired Brock Jones Contractors for major renovations.
Boasting a total of 4.3 acres and an expansive 8,500 sq. ft., this structure has three floors with formal gardens in the back grounds of the house.
The first floor features an enclosed sun porch, library, living room, 1 bedroom with a full bath, dining room, breakfast room, powder room, kitchen, and laundry room. The second floor hosts 5 bedrooms (including the Master) and 5 full bathrooms, including his and her bathrooms in the master. The basement includes 2 living rooms, a study, 1 full bath, 2 half baths, a theater room with a stage, fitness/playroom, and a fireproof storage room.
All of the exposed wood and wood flooring throughout the house is heart pine, either original from the wood mill owned by Charlie Frank Williams, or replaced. There is also a generous 3 car garage and an elevator within the home runs to all three floors. This historic home is currently on the market, from more information contact Mary Varner of Waddell Reality Co. svm
SVM. Southern Views Magazine. All Rights Reserved.©